At The Residence, we uphold sustainable development as a guiding principle in all our practices and consider environmental concerns to be a crucial aspect of our business and our employees. We recognise the importance of our impact on the environment and are committed to reducing it through various initiatives.
We are proud to announce that we are working with Planet Mark to measure our carbon footprint and have a positive impact on planet and society. Through the Planet Mark Business Certification, we will be measuring and reducing our carbon footprint to ensure that we are embedding sustainability into our business practices.
Committing to achieving Planet Mark Business Certification demonstrates our dedication to sustainability. We are excited to start reducing our carbon emissions to help create a planet that is fit for us and future generations.
To ensure the effectiveness of our efforts, we provide our staff with appropriate training, guidance, and information to enhance their future prospects and initiatives in sustainable practices. We strive to implement our sustainability focus across all buildings and apartments, ensuring that they reflect our commitment to sustainable development.
- Planting trees: For every guest who stays with us, we plant a tree to help offset our carbon footprint. To date, we’ve planted over 1,000 trees and we’re committed to planting even more in the future.
- Paperless check-ins: We’re proud to offer a streamlined check-in process that doesn’t require any paper. This not only helps us save trees, but it also reduces our printing costs and makes check-in faster and more efficient for our guests.
- Energy efficiency: We’re committed to using energy-efficient appliances and lighting throughout our properties to help reduce our carbon footprint and lower our energy costs. Our TVs and fridges are all energy-efficient, and we use pure LED lighting with dimmers in all our apartments. We also have light sensors in communal areas, which are energy-efficient and have a massive environmental and economic impact. By being more energy-efficient, we can lower individual utility bills and help stabilize electricity prices and volatility. We also use heat manifold systems, Nuaire replacement, or air recovery systems, which are the most energy-efficient heating type. They capture heat and move it, allowing our apartments to be cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. Their high efficiency makes heat pumps less impactful on the environment too.
- Solar power: We’re proud to have installed solar panels on the roof of our Kensington property. This helps us reduce our carbon footprint and minimize our energy costs, as the panels produce very little carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases.
- Recycling: We’re committed to reducing waste and conserving resources wherever possible. All of our properties have both household waste and recycling bins, and we encourage our guests to recycle whenever possible.
- Long stays: We believe that longer stays are not only more comfortable for our guests, but also better for the environment. By reducing the need for travel, we can help reduce our carbon footprint and contribute to a more sustainable future.
Seek appropriate training for staff
The Residence has teamed up with Just One Tree, a non-profit community interest company that undertakes global reforestation to reduce CO2 levels in the atmosphere. As part of our commitment, we will donate one tree towards supporting reforestation projects for every new booking we receive.
The Residence are also in partnership with Tourism Alliance and British Education Travel Association, which help to drive, evaluate, and elevate travel and tourism’s role in cultural understanding.
To learn more about our efforts to maintain health and safety across all our sites, we encourage you to download the cleaning policy for our accommodations.